|Extensions||gb, gbc, dmg|
Gambatte is a Nintendo Game Boy/Game Boy Color video game system emulator that can be used as a libretro core.
Gambatte is an accuracy-focused, open-source, cross-platform Game Boy Color emulator written in C++. It is based on hundreds of corner case hardware tests, as well as previous documentation and reverse engineering efforts.
These are libretro features, not frontend or standalone emulator features.
|Saves||Save states||Rewind||Netplay||Cheats||Controllers API||Rumble||Sensors||Camera||Location||Subsystem API|
Gambatte does not support using BIOS image files.
This core has a few options that can be tweaked from the core options menu. The default setting is highlighted and in italics:
- gb_colorization (disabled/auto/internal/custom): Colorizes Game Boy games.
- gambatte_gb_internal_palette (GBC - Blue/GBC - Brown/GBC - Dark Blue/GBC - Dark Brown/GBC - Dark Green/GBC - Grayscale/GBC - Green/GBC - Inverted/GBC - Orange/GBC - Pastel Mix/GBC - Red/GBC - Yellow/Special 1/Special 2/Special 3): Select which internal color palette is going to be used.
- gbc_color_correction (enabled/disabled): Darkens Game Boy Color games to match the original hardware output.
- gambatte_gb_hwmode (Auto/GB/GBA): Forces Gambatte to boot into a specific hardware mode.
The Gambatte core supports one controller settings
- Gambatte Joypad: Game Boy Controller
Compatibility List/General Issues
Main article: